How I am Going to Get What I Want.
My ongoing blog project 5 Simple Steps to Owning My Career has slowed down due to planning my new show but a new Group Blog Project over at ProBlogger has given me new impetus to move ahead. I have defined my Influences, my self and my goals, now it is time to move ahead with the exciting part, how to get what I want!
- Scout out galleries who like the sort of work I do and take emerging artists, then have the confidence to approach them and the confidence in myself to know that I deserve representation and support.
- Put together a sexy portfolio with my best works and information from my marketing kit.
- Be comfortable talking about my works, subject matter and personal beliefs. Show the passion I feel about my pieces and project that confidence – even if I don’t always feel it!
- Go to openings and exhibitions, be comfortable moving in the arts and collector circles.
- Keep updating my Mailing List
- Find out about Museum donation requirements, make a list and keep it updated.
- Talk to charitable foundations regarding donations, speaking and charitable auctions.
- Paint Paint Paint!
- Find contacts for newspapers, local papers and guides for publicity and exposure. maintain the list and send out regular press releases.
- Find or make opportunities to show and speak or publish.
- Keep improving with every painting
- Ask when I need help
- Keep building my physical strength so I don’t hold myself back
- Put myself forward!
- Realize that I am ready now – and not put off everything for the mythical time when I will be. if I am not now, then I never will be.
- Stop talking myself down
- Stop holding myself back
- Recognize opportunities and grasp them with both paint encrusted hands
Some of these things I am already doing, but this list will serve as a reminder of all the things I want to do to make my personal dreams come true.