I am making an effort to construct a more professional blogging image and take my blog to the next level. So, I am writing a list, here of my blogging goals. I will revisit these in about 6 months to see how they are going as I always seem to revise my blog every 6 months or so.
Here are my commandments.
- Thou shalt post better, stronger faster. Most people would probably say to post more often- I do want to stop leaving dead gaps and try to put something in every day, but mostly I want to make sure my posts are more varied, artistic and interesting. I want to include more art world news and the random musings you’ve all grown to hate or love! I want to delve more into aesthetics and art philosophy as well as some self analysis.
- Thou shalt market my blog more fully. As it is duplicated on my website I tend to market my official website less than my blog. I shall use the wise ways of technorati and de.li.cio.us. .and it shall be good…
- Thou shalt encourage comments in all things. but ye shalt be damned if thou shouldst spam me. I love comments, I really enjoy getting into discussions with people over topics. By this I plan to respond to all comments and to adhere to my first new commandment. Don’t correct my bad pseudo-biblical english though or I shall be forced to get biblical on thy ass. And by that I don’t mean your donkey.
- Thou shalt remember that the spellcheck is not thy only tool and re-read posts before sending them to check for glaring errors.
- Thou shalt also remember that to err is human and not beat thyself up if one of these slips occasionally. it happens. but don’t let it become a habit! (and on the topic of spell checkers – why is “shat” in there but not “shalt”?)
- Thou Shalt play more with wordpress for it is good There is so much to learn but it is so powerful. Thou shalt build in interactivity and static pages and make it a force to be reckoned unto itself.
- Thou shalt burn thy feeds! I need to do more with my feedburner feeds. for they are good also. Yey.
- Thou shalt treasure thy timesaving measures. Such as my posting widget and The Link This Button.
- Thou shalt build a mighty blogroll and this blogroll shall reach unto the skies and it shall be informative and properly categorized.
- Thou shalt remember about having a life and stop posting all bloody night! Sleep is good…