It turns out that the exhibition took much more out of me than I thought, I have moved back to square one again and have been unable to even do my basic walking.. I hate that even the slightest exertions make me worse. Anyway, I am coming a bit better and figured it would be a good ideal to re-cap what I learned from my first exhibition experience.
- Galleries who hang your work for you are worth their weight in gold.
- Trusting the professionals to do their job is worth it
- Make sure you are comfortable in working with the people you are exhibiting with
- Edges should be worked on as you go, not all at once in a horrible fit of wet paint and pain
- all time spent marketing is worth it
- take it easy as much as possible before the exhibit
- let the people you are exhibiting with do their own price lists or put a moratorium in last minute price and name changes on the day of the exhibition
- Sailor Moon is excellent watching when you are very sore and weak.
- Springvale road is never a good option in the evening
And last but not least..
I think that is it for now.. I am going to rest some more and watch Sailor Moon..
2 thoughts on “Wot I learnded..”
Nakitaku naru you-na Moonlight
Denwa mo dekinai Midnight …
For further Sailor Moon listening pleasure, might I recommend http://sailormusic.net/
Star Gentle Uterus!!
Erin, for loaning us Sailor Moon and drowning us in cuteness and silliness, Tsuki ni kawatte, oshiokiyo! 😉