I managed to get some further time to work on Bre today. I have softened her face further heightening color and changing the tones. Then I moved to her dress. I re-blended a dark teal and a light teal and blended glazes to refine some on the lines in the gown. The veil and cap have had some further glazing and the sleeves are shaping well. the dark cream shadows are a mix of raw ochre and burnt umber which has created a lovely warm look. I have made a start on the feather which will be the biggest challenge. I will have to use several layers of glaze to get the right look.
I am really happy with the way this is shaping up. It is nice to know that I can still work technically as well as in an expressionist style! I have a lovely photo of the same girl that I am dying to turn into a large scale painting.. Bre’s becoming quite a muse for me. We were at a workshop and she sat on the floor, crossed her legs and rested her head on her elbows. well with her skirt around her and her apron on and her hair up she looked fantastic so I ran to get my camera. That will be my next painting but I am not sure how I want to do it yet… so many options so few time 🙂