Stretch II, by Jennie
I have taken some time this week to really sit down and think about what I want to achieve this year. Last year was pivotal for re-discovering my self, for branching out in my work and for making an excellent start on my career. This year I wish to make solid goals and strive to attain them. rather than setting vague resolutions, I am going to write them here, then revisit them in 6 months, then 12 months. My aim is that by blogging them here, I am accountable for maintaining them. Some may seem silly to you, but sometimes the small stuff counts the most.
The art side
- I will create at least one work a week (total 52 for the year) Each piece will be blogged.
- By the end of this year I will have gallery representation.
- This year I will have a solo show, I may have more group ones.
- I will experiment and grow as an artist. I will not be constrained by any pre-conceived notions.
- I will take pride in my work and believe in it.
- I will update and maintain a database of my works, media, dimensions, a blurb about each one and it’s price. when it sells I will mark it with the details of the person who bought each work.
- I will continue to maintain my website, blog and resume. I have been good so far, now is not the time to let it slip!
- I will have lovely kits ready to send out and an excellent and professional portfolio.
- I will try to be more outgoing at openings and occasions.
- I will keep building my mailing list – My goal is for 200 at the end of the year.
- I will write newsletters to justify my mailing list.
- I will maintain the bloody thing even with postal addresses.
- I will continue to keep records of earnings and receipts so I can do my taxes properly.
- I will blog at least once a day, 5 days a week. weekends I will allow myself a break.
- My sales goal this year is 20 pieces.
The personal side
- I will stop judging myself so harshly and stop beating up on myself.
- I will stop changing the goalposts.
- I will try to conquer my phone phobia.
- I will not let my conditions dictate who I am.
- I will stop sitting at home and start getting out and enjoying life more.
- I will work to make my condition as easy to manage as possible.
- I will try to eat at least 2 meals a day – when I can do that I will move up to 3. by the end of the year I will be eating 3 healthy meals a day plus snacks.
- I will cook more, with healthy and delicious meals and tasty snacks. One night a week will be takeout night for a break.
- I will learn to save money and actually do it.
- I will make more time for fun.
- I will get health insurance.
Well, there it is, quite a list – I hope I am up for it!