Freedom – 36 x 36 Oils on Canvas by Jennie
I am the type of person who ignores achievements and focusses on my failures while still changing the goal posts to ensure I fail more and more. it’s stupid and childish and I can’t seem to break the habit. so here, I am going to celebrate the achievements I made this year.
- I finally finished Crawl – after a year of frustrations. finishing this piece opened the floodgates for me to create more pieces and improve more and more. before that I was blocked up and my paintings didn’t feel right.
- I participated in a number of exhibitions both here in Melbourne and in San Francisco and Miami Art Basel.
- My writing was published in a Magazine and in a Newspaper
- My work was not as prolific this year, but the overall quality improved out of sight.
- Sales of new works increased exponentially. I’ve sold more works this year than last year – especially some of my newer pieces.
- I completed a commission for a friend and collector.
- I finally got around to making christmas cards for collectors this year.
- I had a number of meetings with galleries and artists and increased my connections.
- I was offered an exhibition in a commercial gallery in Montreal
- I received awards twice at Barebrush.com for curators choice and for audience choice.
- I got so many new ideas I thought my head would explode!
So, while not the year I was hoping for, I don’t think I did too badly at all! next up – resolutions for this year.