I did some work on this on Sunday night, worked heavily on the background (you can see the royal purple drapes start to appear!) and the fabrics. they are more or less ready for further glazing and refinements. I also started picking up the small details like the crowns and the queens Belt. The kings is white so I have to wait for the reds to dry first.
The entire painting is starting to come together now.. I can start to see the painting it will become. obviously the drapery is less of an issue than it was with Bre which is a small relief but I am feeling more confident with my fabric work now which is good.